I am a writer (I think, therefore I am!)

Ay Up!

So these are my blogs about what I've been up to as a writer and author and where you can find information of the latest goings on for Fishcake Publications. But now there's also my new venture, Fishcake Books as well.

Things move quickly in the world of publishing and things are getting busier for me all the time. Titles are being added all the time and this year after signing one new author to Fishcakes, I'm looking forward to signing a few more.

My personal philosophy is 'If someone has taken the time to write a book, the it deserves the opportunity to be read'.

There are now links to the Fishcake Publications and Fishcake Books Websites so you can find out even more.

Thanks for popping by.

All the best.

Martin.

Monday 1 October 2012

So where have I been?

I know, I should post more often but recently I've been quite busy as I will attempt to demonstrate. So what have I been up to?
Well I've been on holiday, camping in Cornwall (beautiful place), camping in North Yorkshire (trekking up Whernside) and camping in Wales (almost killing myself going up Moel Hebog). Yes, there's been a lot of walking and a lot of camping!
There's been quite a bit of family time. Both my sisters in law have had birthdays. I don't think Rachel wants to share her age, but Vikki is now 21. And then there's my little nephew, Oscar, who's growing up so fast. He's becoming a lot of fun.
Writing wise, the end of the world story has only extended another chapter, mainly because I have a new writing love in my life - zombies! Don't know how it happened, but I've started wrting a comedy zombie story from the zombie's point of view. I never realised zombie society was so complex.
I've started working part-time at Royds Hall HIgh School in the library, which brings its own challenges and rewards. Last week we celebrated Roald Dahl's birthday and 30 years of the BFG and this week we'll be celebrating National Poetry Day with my current favourite subject - zombies. Yep, they get everywhere.
I've also been working with a potential new author after receiving their submission. I'm looking forward to publishing them in the near future.

Which brings me to the the thing that I have really been working hard on, and that is the new Fishcake Publications Website. You can check it out on www.fishcakepublications.com.
So, busy, busy, busy.
I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment